https://www.river-green.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/rg-logo-small.png 0 0 Alex https://www.river-green.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/rg-logo-small.png Alex2014-05-22 09:00:182014-05-22 11:02:25Spicy Scottish Trout
Spicy Scottish Trout
Spicy Scottish Trout with crushed new potatoes and sesame and honey
Here’s another way to turn your day’s catch into dinner. Once again this recipe comes from our friends at Colstoun Cookery School
- For the crushed new potatoes, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10-12 minutes, or until just soft. Drain the potatoes, return them to the pan and crush slightly with a fork. Add the butter, cream, chives, chilli, herbs and salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well. Cover with a lid and set aside to keep warm.
- For the trout, fillet the trout removing all bones, place the spices, butter and seasoning into a bowl and mix well to combine. Spread the spice mixture onto both sides of the trout fillet.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the trout for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through, then remove from the heat and set aside in a warm place.
- For the sesame and honey-coated vegetables, heat the oil in a small wok or frying pan, add the carrots and leeks and stir fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the mangetout, cover with a lid and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add the soy sauce, sesame seeds and honey and stir well to mix.
- To serve, place the crushed new potatoes onto a plate, top with the spicy trout with the vegetables and lime halves alongside.
- 200g new potatoes
- 50g butter
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the sesame and honey-coated vegetables:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, cut into ribbons
- 2 baby leeks, chopped
- 75g/3oz mangetout
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 lime, halved, to garnish
For the trout:
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 50g soft butter
- 2 tsp salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 2 medium trout